Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• discus
    United Kingdom 

D350 Discovery

I see on the configurator the D350 is now the default engine choice for all new Discoverys!

Given how well my D300 accelerates and overtakes, that must be pretty brisk. Seems a little surprising not to have different power on the different trim levels, wonder if its a reaction to aftermarket tuners offering power upgrades or just simplifying the range.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Interesting spot....

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

There's a press release for Defender updates that states the D350 is the replacement for the D300, 50nm more torque too. Meridian surround is back as standard on the Metropolitan. It also says there are Metropolitan branded kick-plates instead of R-Dynamic as are fitted to mine...
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have Metropolitan tread plates on my MY24. The HSE also gets surround sound as standard.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    Interesting spot....

It was actually seeing this story on Autocar that got me wondering if the Discovery had changed so I went looking. Unlike the Defender, the Discovery changes didn't seem to rate an Autocar story..
    On the plus side, both cars have kept the ventilation dials and switches, whoich to my eye is a huge advantage over what they have done to the Range Rover/Sport interior.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

To be fair, the Discovery changes didn't even get a Land Rover press release unlike those for the Defender. If you're going to make Discovery one of your three main pillars/brands you'd think they at least put some effort into it else what's the point?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Ian_S wrote:
    There's a press release for Defender updates that states the D350 is the replacement for the D300, 50nm more torque too. Meridian surround is back as standard on the Metropolitan. It also says there are Metropolitan branded kick-plates instead of R-Dynamic as are fitted to mine...

Is the petrol V8 also replacing the MHEV inline 6 as it is in the Defender? That would get a lot of interest here in the States since we can't get the D350.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum